Saturday, March 17, 2018

Totally loved

            *** Apologies for two days of missing entries. Publication by phone is far from ideal and I opted out ***


John 13:34

     A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.


    I wonder if you have ever had the feeling of being totally loved?  I think we catch a real glimpse of this when we are in love with someone. I often say that "God loves us with reckless abandon".  I believe God sees us as She created us, with all our potential fulfilled. God loves us as a mother loves her child because that is what we are, God's children. The love is so immense. So immense, that Jesus willingly took up the cloak of humanity, completely, and gave His life for us, willingly, totally, painfully.

     Can we give any kind of love even proportional to that? I return to that first question, Have you ever had the feeling of being totally loved?  That is what we are called to. Total love. How do we treat everyone else? Just that way, totally loved.  It seems like such a simple commandment but it is far from easy at times.

      What I will be meditating on today is all the people whom I find it almost impossible to love and that it is precisely those people that Jesus died for.  God loves them at least as much as God loves me and we are called to that same task. If Jesus is to teach us anything as humans it is that we are capable of such love, we are called to such love because we are already loved that much ourselves.

      I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment