Sunday, June 9, 2019

Getting that liberal Spirit

       Yesterday I spoke somewhat about the movement of the Spirit and how we have been guided as humans, as individuals, as a church. I suppose you could make a "half glass empty" argument that the world is in a shambles. Every kind of human malfunction, nature being destroyed at our hands and the extent of human avarice has in many cases  wrongfully replaced God as a supposed ultimate end of our existence. But like they say, they don't make hearses with luggage racks do they?

       If you are the kind of person that is faithful to the teachings of Jesus Christ, you likely are a "glass half full" kind of person.  You recognize the evils of the world, the errant behaviors but we also are cognizant of the presence of God in our world and the continuing movement of the Spirit in our lives. Yesterday I noted a mere few of those situations. But when you look at the advances of mankind and the rampant love that still exists, that is the movement of the Spirit.  We are growing as people as well as individuals.  Rather than regress and deny, we open our hearts, minds and souls to the never ending , always expanding love of God.  We are called to move forward in human rights, dignity, love, generosity and with forgiving hearts. Knowing that every creation of this world is beloved by God. We are called to acknowledge and honor that by our actions, our lives, our faith.  

         In thanksgiving for the Spirit on this Pentecost Sunday, we pray for wholeness and holiness.

John 14:21-29

They who have my commandments and keep them are those who love me; and those who love me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them.’ Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, ‘Lord, how is it that you will reveal yourself to us, and not to the world?’ Jesus answered him, ‘Those who love me will keep my word, and my Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.Whoever does not love me does not keep my words; and the word that you hear is not mine, but is from the Father who sent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment