Thursday, September 20, 2018

Universal truth

        What is it like to wake in a new place each morning. Yesterday I was amidst the cathedral spires of rock as high as any Manhattan skyscraper. This morning I awaken in another kind of city likened to New York, a city that ever sleeps, Las Vegas. As in, Vegas Baby!!  It’s quite a contrast with seemingly diametrically opposed views of the world.

       As one of my first few tasks each morning besides reading scripture, prayer and blogging, I scan the web. News, the markets ( must be somewhat practical in my old age ) and forgive me, Facebook.  I didn’t get very far in FB when I came across the picture of two chaps looking at a number. One chap proclaims “six” while the other proclaims “nine” , each based on their vantage point. Is this a secret of the universe?

       This alone became the focus of my meditation as I too have had such diverse views these last few days. Perhaps I am predisposed to seeing diversity. While the simplicity of the island where I usually dwell does not draw attention to diversity, I am a part of one of the most diverse areas of the world of New York City.  Truth is though, even the views from my kitchen window at home offer quite a perspective. One way endless waters, one way golf course, one way farmland and abundant wildlife.

       I think the image of these two chaps is truly a truth we need to fully embrace. From nationalities, race, politics, religions, sexual orientations and onto any topic you can conjure. We need to get a grasp of the fact that we alone may not be thee “correct” one.  We might be wisest of all to note that there is always another chap proclaiming Six! when we swear that it’s a “Nine”.

     


No comments:

Post a Comment