Thursday, May 5, 2016

Wing 'man'

          I am with you always, to the end of the age. I truly love and truly beleieve that God is with us always. So much happens to us in this life both good and bad, and God is with us every step of the way. Comfort, love and understanding.  But then there is that last part, to the end of the age.’

         I am certain there are people out there who fixate on that. When indeed is the end of the age? How long do I have? I know many people have tried to figure it out. Of course it's there so what does it mean? Is it to be taken literally? What did the writer intend in placing it there? What were the original texts and what might they really mean? Is there a possible alternative meaning than the seemingly obvious?

         With not much else to go on, it almost seems like a test.  You can sit there thinking about 'the end times' and totally miss the note that God is always with you. Talk about distraction. That is really something to think about!

          As I am pretty much on the road today, I thought it might be a good time to let my mind wander to 'things that have happened in my life' and what it meant to have God by my side. In many cases God held me up instead of me keeling over. In some instances God actually elevated me and held me high. Sometimes God wept with me, understanding the loss of a loved one oh too well himself. Sometimes God laughed with me, sometimes at me and sometimes shook his head in disbeleief at me

         One thing is certain though, God is always at my side. My wing man

Matthew 28:16-20


Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. When they saw him, they worshipped him; but some doubted. And Jesus came and said to them, ‘All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.’

No comments:

Post a Comment