Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Lenten Journey, Ash Wednesday.

Good and glorious morning.

Today I am offering myself a Lenten retreat that starts today and starts with Richard Rohr.

Ash Wednesday, the beginning of a journey, a continued journey, an offering of self and a prayer for completion in Jesus Christ and God our Father. May the Spirit be fully alive in me and in us all.

"God give me the desire to desire what you want me to desire"  This seems like such a simple task yet wrapped in our humanity, our brokenness and our hope, that is the essence of my Lenten journey.

What prayer can we offer that offers us fruitful movement in our selves?  A prayer of action that bears fruit in our growth. Is pruning what I need?  For today I will pray. I will read the readings, pray for teh desire and discernment. I will offer myself as an empty vessel, a broken vessel. Can the potter re-mold me? If I let God?

If I let God.

No comments:

Post a Comment